We often assume that giving people more information is better. But to customers, more options can be paralyzing. In this episode, we'll explore the behavioral science of the Choice Overload Effect, and talk about how we can use it to our advantage in business, marketing, and experience design.
And we'll answer the question, "How can I create an amazing customer experience in a world where more is less?"
Subscribe to the Choice Hacking podcast by clicking below
Related and referenced resources:
If you'd like to learn more about the materials I've referenced in this podcast, be sure to check out the links below:
- The Choice Overload Effect: Why simplicity is the key to winning customers
- Choice Overload: How Trader Joe's used psychology to perfect their experience.
- Join the Choice Hacking newsletter
- Read or listen to Choice Hacking the book
- Support the Choice Hacking podcast - click here to learn more about Audible Plus
If you listen to Podcast Episode 1010 and are interested in hearing more about new podcast episodes (and how to apply behavioral science and psychology to your customer experience) join the Choice Hacking newsletter by filling out the form below:
The science of experience design, in your inbox.
Sign up for the Choice Hacking newsletter and I'll send you a FREE PDF - "5 Psychological Principles That Will Transform Your Experience."